Capitalcube gives Nestlé SA a score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing Nestlé SA with the following peers – Deoleo, S.A., Nestle S.A., Orkla ASA and Rhodes Food Group Holdings Ltd. (OLE-ES, NESR-DE, ORK-NO and RFG-ZA).
Nestlé SA has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Nestlé SA
- Compared to peers, relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (4.16).
- The market expects 0QR4-GB to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- 0QR4-GB‘s relative asset efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- Over the last five years, 0QR4-GB‘s return on assets has declined from above median to about median among its peers, indicating declining relative operating performance.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While 0QR4-GB‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s capital investment seems appropriate for a business with peer median returns.
- 0QR4-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Nestlé SA
Leverage & Liquidity
0QR4-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 8.91% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 10.69%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 18.88x, 0QR4-GB can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 4 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
0QR4-GB has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the prior year-end.
- 0QR4-GB‘s interest coverage is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 28.48x in 2014.
- While its interest coverage decreased to 18.88x from 27.06x (in 2015), its peer median increased during this period to 18.88x from 9.58x.
- Interest coverage fell 17.48 points relative to peers.
- 0QR4-GB‘s debt-EV is similar to last year’s low of 8.61% and remains below the 2013 high of 13.10%.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 8.91% compared to 2015, its peer median has decreased to 10.69% from 11.57% during this period.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 1.19 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Nestlé SA
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Rhodes Food Group Holdings Ltd.||18.86||1.97||4.98||29.11|
|Best In Class||8.91||2.27||23.68||66.57|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Nestlé SA?
NestlÃ© SA is a nutrition, health and wellness company, which manufactures, supplies and produces prepared dishes and cooking aids, milk-based products, pharmaceuticals and ophthalmic goods, baby foods and cereals. The company products portfolio include powdered and liquid beverages, water, milk products and ice cream, nutrition and health science, prepared dishes and cooking aids, confectionery, and pet care. It operates through the following segments: Zone EMENA, Zone Americas, Zone Asia, Oceania & Africa, NestlÃ© Waters, NestlÃ© Nutrition, and Other. Nestle was founded by Henri NestlÃ© in 1866 and is headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.