Next Plc relative valuation is now OVERVALUED. It was previously rated NEUTRAL, and has a fundamental analysis score of 69.
Our analysis is based on comparing Next Plc with the following peers – Marks and Spencer Group plc Sponsored ADR, American Eagle Outfitters, Inc., Abercrombie & Fitch Co. Class A, Aeropostale, Inc. and Esprit Holdings Limited Sponsored ADR (MAKSY-US, AEO-US, ANF-US, AROPQ-US and ESPGY-US).
Next Plc’s price of USD 26.20 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 22.13. At this level, CapitalCube believes that Next Plc is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 23.68 and USD 40.98.
- From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (12.00).
- We classify NXGPY-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- NXGPY-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- NXGPY-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While NXGPY-US‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- NXGPY-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Next Plc has a fundamental score of 69 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Next Plc appears on the top right hand quadrant of CapitalCube’s Value – Price Matrix. We classify this as ‘Safety’. In other words, Next Plc has a relatively high Fundamental Analysis score of 69, while being potentially overvalued and trading higher than its CapitalCube Implied Price of 22.13. There might be some safety in this stock where it’s fundamental strength perhaps justifies its relatively higher price.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Drivers of Valuation
NXGPY-US has a Harvesting profile relative to its peers.
We classify NXGPY-US as Harvesting because of the market’s low expectations of growth (P/E of 9.17 compared to peer median of 24.67) despite its relatively high returns (ROE of 154.95% compared to the peer median ROE of 3.08%).
The company currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of 12.00.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
NXGPY-US has moved to an Harvesting from a relatively high ROE profile at the prior year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Next Plc owns and operates retail stores. It offers fashionable accessories for men, women and children along with home wares. It operates through following segments: NEXT Retail, NEXT Directory, NEXT International Retail, NEXT Sourcing and Lipsy. The NEXT Retail segment engages in the retailing of fashion and home products. The NEXT Directory segment involves in home shopping, including international online. The NEXT International Retail segment comprises franchised stores around the world. The NEXT Sourcing segment designs, sources and buys NEXT branded products. The Lipsy segment designs and sells its own branded younger women’s fashion products. The company was founded by Hepworth Joseph in 1864 and is headquartered in Leicester, the United Kingdom.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.