Capitalcube gives Northfield Bancorp, Inc. (New Jersey) a score of 43.
Our analysis is based on comparing Northfield Bancorp, Inc. (New Jersey) with the following peers – Flushing Financial Corporation, Greene County Bancorp, Inc., Dime Community Bancshares, Inc. and Astoria Financial Corporation (FFIC-US, GCBC-US, DCOM-US and AF-US).
Northfield Bancorp, Inc. (New Jersey) has a fundamental score of 43 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
- It’s current Price/Book of 1.33 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects NFBK-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- NFBK-US employs relatively high amounts of capital while generating median profit margins.
- Change in the company’s annual revenues seems to be coming at the expense of earnings.
- NFBK-US‘s return on equity has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- While NFBK-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s relatively low level of equity capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
Drivers of Margin
- Margins do not suggest any relative benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage.
- The company’s net interest income (net interest income/total revenues) of 89.77% is around peer median suggesting that NFBK-US‘s lending operations does not benefit from any differentiating pricing advantage. In addition, NFBK-US‘s pre-tax margin of 40.18% is also around the peer median suggesting no operating cost advantage relative to peers.
- The company’s proportion of fee based income (i.e. non interest income/total revenues) of 10.23% is around peer median. In addition, NFBK-US‘s proportion of overhead costs (i.e. non interest expense/total revenues) of 58.84x is also around peer median — suggesting no cost advantage on fee-based overhead operations.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Northfield Bancorp, Inc. engages in the provision of banking and financial services. Its principal business consists of gathering deposits, and to a lesser extent, borrowing funds, and using such funds to originate multifamily real estate loans and commercial real estate loans, purchase investment securities including mortgage-backed securities and corporate bonds, as well as deposit funds in other financial institutions. The Company also offers construction and land loans, commercial and industrial loans, one- to four-family residential mortgage loans, and home equity loans and lines of credit. Northfield Bancorp was founded on March 01, 1887 and is headquartered in Woodbridge, NJ.