Capitalcube gives Novadaq Technologies, Inc. a score of 28.
Our analysis is based on comparing Novadaq Technologies, Inc. with the following peers – iCAD, Inc., Intuitive Surgical, Inc., Digirad Corporation, IRIDEX Corporation, General Electric Company, Royal Philips NV Sponsored ADR, CryoLife, Inc. and IMRIS Inc. (ICAD-US, ISRG-US, DRAD-US, IRIX-US, GE-US, PHG-US, CRY-US and IMRSQ-US).
Novadaq Technologies, Inc. has a fundamental score of 28 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Novadaq Technologies, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- Novadaq Technologies Inc. currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (4.81) than its peer median (2.96).
- NVDQ-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful to make this analysis between operating advantage (ROE) and growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or P/EBITDA).
- NVDQ-US‘s relatively low net margins and poor asset turns suggest a problematic operating strategy.
- Change in the company’s annual revenues seems to be coming at the expense of earnings.
- NVDQ-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- Company appears to give away relatively high gross margins to relatively high operating costs suggesting a differentiated product portfolio with low pre-tax margins relative to peers.
- NVDQ-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful for an analysis between historical growth (using annualized three-year revenue growth) and investor growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or Price/EBITDA) .
- The company’s capital investment program and to-date returns suggest that the company is likely making big bets on the future.
- NVDQ-US‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on Novadaq Technologies, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
NVDQ-US would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively low 0.37% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 17.59%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of -372.16x, NVDQ-US would have a hard time raising much additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Limited Flexibility when it comes to raising more debt.
- Of the 8 chosen peers for the company, only 6 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include ISRG-US and IRIX-US.
NVDQ-US has maintained its Constrained profile from the recent year-end.
- NVDQ-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 999x in 2014.
- The decrease in its interest coverage to -372.16x from -345.82x (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 2.67x from 4.11x.
- Interest coverage fell 24.91 points relative to peers. It is also below the 2.50x coverage benchmark unlike the peer median.
- NVDQ-US‘s debt-EV continues to trend upward but is still within one standard deviation below its five-year average debt-EV of 1.54%.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 0.37% compared to 2015, its peer median has increased to 17.59% from 1.57% during this period.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 15.97 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Novadaq Technologies, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Intuitive Surgical, Inc.||0||5.78||No interest exp||999|
|IRIDEX Corporation||0||3.77||No interest exp||999|
|General Electric Company||39.99||1.44||1.96||5.01|
|Royal Philips NV Sponsored ADR||22.59||1.5||2.67||27.01|
|Novadaq Technologies Inc.||0.37||7.18||-372.16||-1229.62|
|Best In Class||0.37||7.18||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Novadaq Technologies, Inc.?
Novadaq Technologies, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets real-time fluorescence imaging products. Its products are designed for use by surgeons in the operating room and other clinical settings where open, minimally invasive or interventional surgical procedures are performed. The company’s products include SPY imaging system, pinpoint endoscopic fluorescence imaging system, firefly system for robotic surgery and CO2 heart laser system. Its SPY Imaging core technology platform provides clinically relevant anatomic and physiologic images during a wide variety of complex surgical procedures without exposing the patient to radiation. Novadaq Technologies was founded by Rick Mangat on April 14, 2000 and is headquartered in Mississauga, Canada.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.