Capitalcube gives Omnicom Group, Inc. a score of 53.
Our analysis is based on comparing Omnicom Group, Inc. with the following peers – Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc., MDC Partners Inc. Class A, Lamar Advertising Company Class A, Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. Class A, Publicis Groupe SA Sponsored ADR, Alliance Data Systems Corporation, Harte-Hanks, Inc., Seek Limited Unsponsored ADR and eBay Inc. (IPG-US, MDCA-US, LAMR-US, CCO-US, PUBGY-US, ADS-US, HHS-US, SKLTY-US and EBAY-US).
Omnicom Group, Inc. has a fundamental score of 53 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Omnicom Group, Inc.
- From a peer analysis angle, relative underperformance over the last year has improved more recently.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (5.98).
- OMC-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- OMC-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- OMC-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively low gross margin and median pre-tax margin suggest operations may be constrained on pricing versus peers.
- While OMC-US‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s level of capital investment is relatively low and suggests it is milking the business.
- OMC-US has additional debt capacity.
Access our research and ratings on Omnicom Group, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
OMC-US has additional debt capacity.
- With debt at a reasonable 21.62% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 23.32%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 9.98x, OMC-US has the capacity to borrow some more.
- All 9 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
OMC-US has maintained its relatively high liquidity profile from the recent year-end.
- OMC-US‘s interest coverage is similar to its five-year average interest coverage of 10.14x.
- Compared to 2016, interest coverage has remained relatively stable for both the company (9.98x) and the peer median (6.72x).
- OMC-US‘s debt-EV continues to trend downward and is below (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average debt-EV of 22.52%.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 21.62% compared to 2016, its peer median has decreased to 23.32% from 24.09% during this period.
Access the detailed analysis for Omnicom Group, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.||16.41||0.93||10.49||51.6|
|MDC Partners Inc. Class A||56.77||0.68||1.85||13.59|
|Lamar Advertising Company Class A||25.02||1.48||3.45||22.15|
|Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. Class A||74.56||1.52||0.7||4.31|
|Publicis Groupe SA Sponsored ADR||21.03||0.88||13.79||43.65|
|Alliance Data Systems Corporation||64.87||2.25||2.66||11.69|
|Seek Limited Unsponsored ADR||14.48||1.56||10.12||30|
|Omnicom Group Inc||21.62||0.89||9.98||33.76|
|Best In Class||14.48||2.37||13.79||51.6|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Omnicom Group, Inc.?
Omnicom Group, Inc. is a holding company, which engages in the management and provision of advertising agencies. It offers marketing and corporate communications services. The company was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.