Capitalcube gives OMNOVA Solutions, Inc. a score of 16.
Our analysis is based on comparing OMNOVA Solutions, Inc. with the following peers – PPG Industries, Inc., RPM International Inc., Trinseo SA, Ferro Corporation, Dow Chemical Company, PolyOne Corporation, Methanex Corporation, Celanese Corporation Class A and Masco Corporation (PPG-US, RPM-US, TSE-US, FOE-US, DOW-US, POL-US, MX-CA, CE-US and MAS-US).
OMNOVA Solutions, Inc. has a fundamental score of 16 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on OMNOVA Solutions, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (3.43) than its peer median (4.55).
- OMN-US‘s EBITDA-based price multiple implies slower growth than its peers despite its current comparatively high EBITDA-based returns.
- OMN-US has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- OMN-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively low pre-tax margin suggest high operating costs versus peers.
- OMN-US‘s revenues have grown more slowly than the peer median over the last few years, which combined with the stock price’s relatively low Price/EBITDA ratio suggests substandard growth expectations relative to peers.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- OMN-US seems to be constrained by the current level of debt.
Access our research and ratings on OMNOVA Solutions, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
OMN-US is debt-constrained.
- With debt at a relatively high 52.62% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 26.42%), and interest coverage level of 2.27x, OMN-US seems debt-constrained.
- All 9 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
OMN-US has maintained its relatively high leverage profile from the recent year-end.
- OMN-US‘s interest coverage is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 1.38x in 2014.
- Compared to 2016, interest coverage has remained relatively stable for both the company (2.27x) and the peer median (5.13x).
- OMN-US‘s debt-EV has increased 2.08 percentage points from last year’s low but is still below its five-year average debt-EV of 60.96.
- While its debt-EV increased to 52.62% from 50.53% (in 2016), its peer median decreased during this period to 26.42% from 27.98%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 3.64 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for OMNOVA Solutions, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|PPG Industries, Inc.||14.75||1.61||15.62||48.68|
|RPM International Inc.||23.5||1.94||5.42||29.76|
|Dow Chemical Company||22.97||1.93||5.76||31.48|
|Celanese Corporation Class A||20.37||1.81||7.18||29.97|
|OMNOVA Solutions Inc.||52.62||2.27||2.27||13.98|
|Best In Class||14.75||2.88||15.62||48.68|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for OMNOVA Solutions, Inc.?
OMNOVA Solutions, Inc. develops, manufactures, markets emulsion polymers, specialty chemicals and decorative products. It provides engineered surfaces for various commercial, industrial and residential end uses. The firm operates its business through the Performance Chemicals and Engineered Surfaces segments. The Performance Chemicals segment produces a broad range of emulsion polymers and specialty chemicals based primarily on styrene butadiene, styrene butadiene acrylonitrile, styrene butadiene vinyl pyridine, nitrile butadiene, polyvinyl acetate, acrylic, styrene, vinyl acrylic, glyoxal, phenolic, diphenylamine antioxidants, hollow plastic pigment, fluorochemicals and bio-based chemistries. The Engineered Surfaces segment develops designs, produces and markets a broad line of functional and decorative surfacing products, including coated fabrics, vinyl, paper and specialty laminates and performance films. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Beachwood, OH.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.