OZ Minerals Limited relative valuation is now NEUTRAL. It was previously rated UNDERVALUED, and has a fundamental analysis score of 63. It previously closed at AUD 3.85 and has a CapitalCube Implied price of AUD 3.93.
Our analysis is based on comparing OZ Minerals Limited with the following peers – Newcrest Mining Limited, Citigold Corporation Limited, Panaust Limited, Rio Tinto Limited, BHP Billiton Limited and Tiger Resources Limited (NCM-AU, CTO-AU, PNA-AU, RIO-AU, BHP-AU and TGS-AU).
OZ Minerals Limited is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of AUD 3.85 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of AUD 3.51 to AUD 4.35. Over the last 52 week period, OZ Minerals Limited has fluctuated between AUD 2.93 and AUD 4.88.
- Relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- OZ Minerals Limited’s current Price/Book of 0.52 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects OZL-AU to grow faster than its peers and for the company to improve its current ROE.
- OZL-AU‘s relative asset efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- OZL-AU‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- While OZL-AU‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median PE ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
OZ Minerals Limited has a fundamental score of 63 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
OZ Minerals Limited’s price is very close to its implied price, thus not allowing for a specific classification into the Value – Price Matrix.
Drivers of Valuation
The market expects improvement in OZL-AU‘s current performance
The market expects more growth from OZL-AU than the median of its chosen peers (PE of 28.09 compared to peer median of 6.38) and to improve its current ROE of 1.82%.
The company’s current Price/Book of 0.52 is about median in its peer group.
OZL-AU did not have a traded price at the prior year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
OZ Minerals Ltd. engages in the mining of copper, gold, and silver; and exploration and development of mining projects. It owns and operates a copper-gold mine in South Australia and explores for further copper and gold deposits. The company was founded on March 3, 2008 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.