Capitalcube gives Park-Ohio Holdings Corp. a score of 22.
Our analysis is based on comparing Park-Ohio Holdings Corp. with the following peers – Anixter International Inc., Crane Co., Sun Hydraulics Corporation, Omega Flex, Inc., Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc., Actuant Corporation Class A, Dover Corporation and Parker-Hannifin Corporation (AXE-US, CR-US, SNHY-US, OFLX-US, LECO-US, ATU-US, DOV-US and PH-US).
Park-Ohio Holdings Corp. has a fundamental score of 22 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Park-Ohio Holdings Corp.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (1.94) than its peer median (3.37).
- The market expects PKOH-US to grow more slowly than its peers and for its median ROE to decline.
- PKOH-US has relatively low net profit margins while its asset efficiency is relatively high.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- PKOH-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- The company’s relatively low gross and pre-tax margins suggest a non-differentiated product portfolio and not much control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While PKOH-US‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company seems to be over-investing in a business with median returns.
- PKOH-US seems to be constrained by the current level of debt.
Access our research and ratings on Park-Ohio Holdings Corp.
Leverage & Liquidity
PKOH-US is debt-constrained.
- With debt at a relatively high 55.30% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 22.37%), and interest coverage level of 2.74x, PKOH-US seems debt-constrained.
- Of the 8 chosen peers for the company, only 7 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include OFLX-US.
PKOH-US has maintained its relatively high leverage profile from the recent year-end.
- PKOH-US‘s interest coverage is similar to last year’s low of 2.60x, which compares to the 2014 high of 3.75x.
- Compared to 2016, interest coverage has remained relatively stable for both the company (2.74x) and the peer median (8.88x).
- PKOH-US‘s debt-EV is greater than (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average debt-EV of 47.37%.
- Though its debt-EV increased to 55.30% from 49.78% (in 2016), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 22.37%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 5.52 percentage points. Unlike the peer median, it is also above the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for Park-Ohio Holdings Corp.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Anixter International Inc.||35.21||2.12||4.25||16.34|
|Sun Hydraulics Corporation||10.37||3.65||22.64||44.38|
|Omega Flex, Inc.||0||3.7||No interest exp||999|
|Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.||11.07||2.91||13.77||44.28|
|Actuant Corporation Class A||29.66||2.25||2.99||17.29|
|Park-Ohio Holdings Corp.||55.3||2.46||2.74||16.89|
|Best In Class||10.37||3.7||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Park-Ohio Holdings Corp.?
Park-Ohio Holdings Corp. engages in the provision of supply chain logistics services and manufactures aluminum products. It operates in three segments: Supply Technologies, Assembly Components, and Engineered Products. The Supply Technologies segment provides customers with total supply management services for a broad range of high volume, specialty production components. The Assembly Components segment manufactures cast aluminum components, automotive and industrial rubber and thermoplastic products, fuel filler and hydraulic assemblies for automotive, agricultural equipment, construction equipment, heavy duty truck and marine equipment industries. It also provides value-added services such as design and engineering, machining and assembly. The Engineered Products segment operates a diverse group of niche manufacturing businesses that design and manufacture a broad range of high quality products engineered for specific customer applications. The company was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Cleveland, OH.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.