Parmalat SpA relative valuation is now UNDERVALUED. It was previously rated OVERVALUED, and has a fundamental analysis score of 75.
Our analysis is based on comparing Parmalat SpA with the following peers – Bongrain SA, Danone SA, Centrale del Latte di Torino & C. S.p.A. and Sachsenmilch AG (BH-FR, DNN-IT, CLT-IT and SAHA-DE).
Parmalat SpA’s price of EUR 2.51 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of EUR 2.68. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Parmalat SpA is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between EUR 2.34 and EUR 2.56.
- Relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
- Parmalat S.p.A. currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (1.42) than its peer median (0.67).
- We classify PLT-IT as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- PLT-IT has a successful operating model with relatively high net profit margins and asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- PLT-IT‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While PLT-IT‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s PE ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s capital investment seems appropriate for a business with peer median returns.
- PLT-IT has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Parmalat SpA has a fundamental score of 75 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Parmalat SpA is on the top left quadrant of the CapitalCube Value – Price Matrix. We classify this space a ‘Value Play’. Here, Parmalat SpA is potentially undervalued, since it trades below its CapitalCube Implied Price of 2.68. At the same time, Parmalat SpA is also fundamentally strong with a score of 75. This is a classic value stock definition.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Drivers of Valuation
PLT-IT has a Harvesting profile relative to its peers.
We classify PLT-IT as Harvesting because of the market’s low expectations of growth (PE of 22.62 compared to peer median of 29.33) despite its relatively high returns (ROE of 6.41% compared to the peer median ROE of 3.23%).
The company currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio of 1.42 compared to its peer median of 0.67.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
PLT-IT has moved to an Harvesting from a relatively high ROE profile at the prior year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Parmalat SpA engages in the manufacture and distribution of food products. The company operates through the following business segments: Milk, Dairy Products, and Fruit Beverages. The Milk segment includes ultra high temperature, pasteurized, condensed, powdered, and flavored milk; and also cream and bechamel. The Dairy Products segment comprises yogurt, fermented milk, desserts, cheese and butter. The Fruit Beverages segment consists of fruit juices, nectars and tea. The company was founded in 1961 and is headquartered in Collecchio, Italy.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.