Capitalcube gives pdvWireless, Inc. a score of 13.
Our analysis is based on comparing pdvWireless, Inc. with the following peers – SBA Communications Corporation, T-Mobile US, Inc., Gogo Inc. and United States Cellular Corporation (SBAC-US, TMUS-US, GOGO-US and USM-US).
pdvWireless, Inc. has a fundamental score of 13 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on pdvWireless, Inc.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- pdvWireless, Inc.’s current Price/Book of 1.52 is about median in its peer group.
- PDVW-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful to make this analysis between operating advantage (ROE) and growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or P/EBITDA).
- PDVW-US‘s relatively low net margins and poor asset turns suggest a problematic operating strategy.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- PDVW-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively low pre-tax margin suggest high operating costs versus peers.
- PDVW-US‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on pdvWireless, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
PDVW-US would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively low 0.55% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 37.40%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of -22,240.36x, PDVW-US would have a hard time raising much additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Limited Flexibility when it comes to raising more debt.
- All 4 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
PDVW-US has maintained its Constrained profile from the recent year-end.
- PDVW-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of -2.72x in 2014.
- Though its interest coverage decreased to -22,240.36x from -24.82x (in 2015), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 0.77x.
- Interest coverage fell 22,215.55 points relative to peers.
- PDVW-US‘s debt-EV is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 0% in 2015.
- The increase in its debt-EV to 0.55% from 0% (in 2015) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 37.40% from 28.53%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 8.32 percentage points. Unlike the peer median, it is also below the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for pdvWireless, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|SBA Communications Corporation||N/A||1.08||1.22||N/A|
|T-Mobile US, Inc.||54.21||1.56||1.21||25.23|
|United States Cellular Corporation||36.2||2.24||0.77||51.34|
|Best In Class||0.55||35.89||1.22||51.34|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for pdvWireless, Inc.?
pdvWireless, Inc. provides mobile workforce communications and location based solutions that increase the productivity of field-based workers and the efficiency of their dispatch and call center operations. Its patented and industry-validated technology improves team communication and field documentation across a wide array of industries including transportation, distribution, construction, hospitality, waste management and field service. The company is run by Brian McAuley, Morgan O’Brien and John Pescatore and is headquartered in Woodland Park, NJ.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.