Capitalcube gives Petra Diamonds Ltd. a score of 79.
Our analysis is based on comparing Petra Diamonds Ltd. with the following peers – Gem Diamonds Limited, Botswana Diamonds Plc, Stellar Diamonds plc and Karelian Diamond Resources Plc (GEMD-GB, BOD-GB, STEL-GB and KDR-GB).
Petra Diamonds Ltd. has a fundamental score of 79 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Access our research and ratings on Petra Diamonds Ltd.
- From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (0.79).
- PDL-GB‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- PDL-GB has a successful operating model with relatively high net profit margins and asset turns.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- PDL-GB‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- While PDL-GB‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- PDL-GB seems too levered to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on Petra Diamonds Ltd.
Leverage & Liquidity
PDL-GB would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively high 58.66% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 28.85%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of 1.12x, PDL-GB would have a hard time raising much additional debt. The company has a Constrained profile in terms of its ability to take on further debt.
- Of the 4 chosen peers for the company, only 3 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include BOD-GB.
PDL-GB has moved to a Limited Flexibility from a relatively high leverage profile at the prior year-end.
- PDL-GB‘s interest coverage is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 6.31x in 2014.
- The decrease in its interest coverage to 1.12x from 2.44x (in 2016) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 2.63x from 43.41x.
- Interest coverage rose 39.46 points relative to peers. It is also below the 2.50x coverage benchmark unlike the peer median.
- PDL-GB‘s debt-EV is its highest over the last four years and compares to a low of 11.92% in 2014.
- The increase in its debt-EV to 58.66% from 38.70% (in 2016) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 28.85% from 7.51%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 1.37 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Petra Diamonds Ltd.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Gem Diamonds Limited||13.54||1.18||4.15||233.87|
|Botswana Diamonds Plc||0||0.39||No interest exp||999|
|Stellar Diamonds plc||44.17||0.26||-4.84||-104.09|
|Karelian Diamond Resources Plc||N/A||1.7||0||-153.28|
|Petra Diamonds Limited||58.66||1.2||1.12||22.58|
|Best In Class||13.54||1.7||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Petra Diamonds Ltd.?
Petra Diamonds Ltd. operates as an independent diamond mining group, which engages in supplying rough diamonds to the international market. Its projects include Finsch, Cullinan, Koffiefontein, Kimberley Underground, and Williamson. The firm operates through Mining and Exploration segments. The Mining segment engages in the extraction and sale of rough diamonds from mining operations in South Africa and Tanzania. The Exploration segment consists of exploration activities in Botswana and South Africa. The company was founded by Adonis Pouroulis in March 25, 1997 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.