P&F Industries, Inc. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 47.
Our analysis is based on comparing P&F Industries, Inc. with the following peers – Actuant Corporation Class A, Briggs & Stratton Corporation, L.S. Starrett Company Class A, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Eastern Company and Snap-on Incorporated (ATU-US, BGG-US, SCX-US, SWK-US, EML-US and SNA-US).
P&F Industries, Inc. has shown underwhelming performance overall, both over the last one year as well as over the last month. While, in what appears to be a redeeming aspect, P&F Industries, Inc.’s price momentum over the last month, at -3.47% has been better than that over the last year, which was -4.34%, P&F Industries, Inc. has actually lagged its peer group.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- P&F Industries, Inc. Class A trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.60) than its peer median (1.93).
- We classify PFIN-US as Challenged because of its below median returns and the market’s relatively low growth expectations.
- PFIN-US has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- Over the last five years, PFIN-US‘s return on assets has eroded from above median to below median among its peers suggesting declining relative operating performance.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively low pre-tax margin suggest high operating costs versus peers.
- While PFIN-US‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company is likely overinvesting in a business with only median returns.
- PFIN-US‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
- Our analysis rates P&F Industries, Inc. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
PFIN-US‘s share price performance of -4.34% for the last 12 months is below its peer median. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of -3.47% is also below the peer median implying that the company’s stock performance is lagging its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
P&F Industries, Inc.’s price of USD 7.94 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 15.23. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, P&F Industries, Inc. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 6.69 and USD 11.85.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
P&F Industries, Inc. manufactures and imports air-powered tools and residential hardware. It operates through the Tools and Hardware segments. The Tools and Other Products segment engages in the importation and sale of pneumatic hand tools and compressor air filters. The Hardware segment imports and manufactures door, window and fencing hardware, and accessories including rollers, hinges, window operators, sash locks, custom zinc castings and door closers. The company was founded on April 19, 1963 and is headquartered in Melville, NY.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.