Photronics, Inc. relative valuation is OVERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 29.
Our analysis is based on comparing Photronics, Inc. with the following peers – Micron Technology, Inc., AXT, Inc., Axcelis Technologies, Inc., SunEdison, Inc., United Microelectronics Corp. Sponsored ADR, IKONICS Corporation and ASML Holding NV ADR (MU-US, AXTI-US, ACLS-US, SUNEQ-US, UMC-US, IKNX-US and ASML-US).
Photronics, Inc. has shown excellent performance overall, both over the last one year as well as over the last month. In fact, Photronics, Inc.’s price momentum over the last month, at 9.42% has been better than that over the last year, which was 3.47%. Also from a peer group perspective, Photronics, Inc. has performed better, since the peer group performance was 0.71% over the last month.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.83) than its peer median (1.64).
- The market expects faster earnings growth from PLAB-US than from its peers and also a turnaround in its current ROE.
- PLAB-US has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- Over the last five years, PLAB-US’s return on assets has declined from about median to less than the median among its peers suggesting that the company’s historical competitiveness in operations is slipping away.
- The company’s relatively low gross and pre-tax margins suggest a non-differentiated product portfolio and not much control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While PLAB-US’s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s level of capital investment is relatively low and suggests it is milking the business.
- Our analysis rates Photronics, Inc. as OVERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
PLAB-US’s share price performance of 3.47% over the last 12 months is below its peer median but its 30-day trend in share price performance of 9.42% is better than the peer median. This recent rising stock price may herald a change in relative share price performance.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Photronics, Inc.’s price of USD 10.45 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 8.47. At this level, CapitalCube believes that Photronics, Inc. is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 7.55 and USD 12.10.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Photronics, Inc. manufacturers and sells photomasks, which are high precision photographic quartz plates containing microscopic images of electronic circuits. Its photomasks are a key element in the manufacture of semiconductors and flat panel displays and are used as masters to transfer circuit patterns onto semiconductor wafers and flat panel substrates during the fabrication of integrated circuits and a variety of flat panel displays and to a lesser extent other types of electrical and optical components. The company was founded by Constantine S. Macricostas in 1969 and is headquartered in Brookfield, CT.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.