Capitalcube gives PUMA SE a score of 72.
Our analysis is based on comparing PUMA SE with the following peers – adidas AG, Lafuma SA, Rapala VMC Oyj and Christian Dior SE (ADS-DE, LAF-FR, RAP1V-FI and DIO-DE).
PUMA SE has a fundamental score of 72 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on PUMA SE
- Compared to peers, relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (3.41).
- The market expects PUM-DE to grow faster than its peers and for the company to improve its current ROE.
- PUM-DE‘s relative asset efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- Over the last five years, PUM-DE‘s return on assets has improved from median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting the company has found relative operating advantages.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- While PUM-DE‘s revenues growth has been around the peer median in recent years, the market seems to see faster growth ahead and gives its shares a higher than peer median P/E ratio.
- The company is likely overinvesting in a business with only median returns.
- PUM-DE has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on PUMA SE
Leverage & Liquidity
PUM-DE has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 1.20% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 4.36%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 8.28x, PUM-DE can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 4 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
PUM-DE has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- PUM-DE‘s interest coverage is less than (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average interest coverage of 16.37x.
- Compared to 2016, interest coverage has remained relatively stable for both the company (8.28x) and the peer median (17.17x).
- PUM-DE‘s debt-EV is similar to its five-year average debt-EV of 1.03%.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 1.20% compared to 2016, its peer median has decreased to 4.36% from 5.43% during this period.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 1.08 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for PUMA SE
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Rapala VMC Oyj||47.1||1.86||1.58||10.63|
|Christian Dior SE||21.33||1.79||60.6||34.64|
|Best In Class||0.93||2.25||110.7||661.22|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for PUMA SE?
Puma SE is engaged in the design, manufacture, sale, and distribution of sports lifestyle products which include footwear, apparels and accessories. Its brands include puma, cobra golf and tretorn. The puma brand offers sport performance and lifestyle labels in categories of football, running, motor sports, golf, and sailing. The cobra golf brand produces and sells golf equipment offering innovative design such as 9 point face technology, adjustable flight technology, and baffler rail technology. The tretorn brand provides leisure shoes, rubber boots, tennis balls, and other rubber-made products. The company was founded by Rudolf Dassler on October 1, 1948 and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.