Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd. relative valuation is now UNDERVALUED. It was previously rated NEUTRAL, and has a fundamental analysis score of 18.
Our analysis is based on comparing Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd. with the following peers – Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Bhd., PBA Holdings Bhd., Taliworks Corp. Bhd., Anhui Water Resources Development Co., Ltd. Class A, Swiber Holdings Limited, SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd., PetroVietnam Southern Gas JSC, Berjaya Assets Bhd., UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Bhd and Asian Pac Holdings Bhd. (5138-MY, 5041-MY, 8524-MY, 600502-CN, AK3-SG, 5218-MY, PGS-VN, 3239-MY, 5243-MY and 4057-MY).
Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd.’s price of MYR 2.63 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of MYR 3.19. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between MYR 2.29 and MYR 3.76.
- Relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd. trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.53) than its peer median (0.73).
- The market expects 6807-MY to grow more slowly than its peers and for its median ROE to decline.
- 6807-MY has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- 6807-MY‘s return on assets has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- The company’s relatively low gross and pre-tax margins suggest a non-differentiated product portfolio and not much control on operating costs relative to peers.
- 6807-MY‘s revenues have grown more slowly than the peer median over the last few years, which combined with the stock price’s relatively low PE ratio suggests substandard growth expectations relative to peers.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd. has a fundamental score of 18 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd. lies at the bottom left quadrant of CapitalCube’s Value – Price Matrix. We call this space a Value Trap. At this level, Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd. is potentially undervalued, since it trades lower than its CapitalCube Implied price of 3.19. However, its fundamental analysis score is also on the lower side at 18, begging the question whether the low price is on account of the weaker fundamentals.
Drivers of Valuation
The market expects 6807-MY‘s current median rates of return to decline.
The market expects less growth from 6807-MY than the median of its chosen peers (PE of 5.80 compared to peer median of 8.88) and for its current rates of return that are around peer median (ROE of 9.88%) to decline.
The company trades at a lower Price/Book multiple of 0.53 compared to its peer median of 0.73.
6807-MY has moved to a relatively low PE from an Harvesting profile at the prior year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Puncak Niaga Holdings Bhd. is an investment company, which engages in the operations, maintenance, management, construction, rehabilitation, and refurbishment of water treatment facilities. It also supplies and distributes treated water; undertakes offshore installation contract works; and provides research and technology development for the water, wastewater, and environment sectors. The firm operates through the following segments: Water Treatment, Oil and Gas, and Constructions. The Water Treatment segment includes operation, maintenance, management, construction, rehabilitation and refurbishment of water treatment facilities. The Oil and Gas segment offers offshore, logistics, and marine management services. The Constructions segment focuses on construction activities. The company was founded on January 7, 1997 and is headquartered in Shah Alam, Malaysia.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.