Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA relative valuation is now NEUTRAL. It was previously rated OVERVALUED, and has a fundamental analysis score of 36.
Our analysis is based on comparing Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA with the following peers – A2A S.p.A., EDP – Energias de Portugal SA and Electricite de Strasbourg SA (A2A-IT, EDP-PT and ELEC-FR).
Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of EUR 2.76 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of EUR 2.52 to EUR 2.77. Over the last 52 week period, Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA has fluctuated between EUR 2.23 and EUR 2.88.
- Relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA’s current Price/Book of 0.78 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects RENE-PT to grow more slowly than its peers and for its median ROE to decline.
- RENE-PT‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- RENE-PT‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- RENE-PT‘s revenues have grown more slowly than the peer median over the last few years, which combined with the stock price’s relatively low PE ratio suggests substandard growth expectations relative to peers.
- The company’s capital investment seems appropriate for a business with peer median returns.
- RENE-PT seems to be constrained by the current level of debt.
Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA has a fundamental score of 36 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA is on the bottom right quadrant of CapitalCube’s Value – Price Matrix. We therefore classify Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA as ‘Speculative’. In other words, not only is Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA’s Fundamental Analysis Score low at 36, but it is also potentially overvalued, in that it trades at a price higher than its CapitalCube Implied Price of 2.64.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Drivers of Valuation
The market expects RENE-PT‘s current median rates of return to decline.
The market expects less growth from RENE-PT than the median of its chosen peers (PE of 6.73 compared to peer median of 11.73) and for its current rates of return that are around peer median (ROE of 11.88%) to decline.
The company’s current Price/Book of 0.78 is about median in its peer group.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
RENE-PT has moved to a relatively low PE from a median ROE and PE profile at the prior year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Redes Energeticas Nacionais SA is a holding company, which operates and distributes electricity and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Electricity, Gas, Telecommunications, and Others. The Electricity segment deals with the transmission of electricity and overall management of the public electricity supply system. The Gas segment includes the transportation of gas; management of national natural gas system; and operation of the liquefied natural gas regasification terminal and underground storage of natural gas. The telecommunications segment operates telecommunications network. The Others segment includes the operations of REN SGPS, REN Servi�os and REN Finance, BV. The company was founded on August 18, 1994 and is headquartered in Lisbon, Portugal.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.