Capitalcube gives Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. a score of 81.
Our analysis is based on comparing Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. with the following peers – Amgen Inc., Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Biogen Inc., pSivida Corp., Johnson & Johnson, Ophthotech Corp., Sanofi Sponsored ADR and Novartis AG Sponsored ADR (AMGN-US, ALNY-US, BIIB-US, PSDV-US, JNJ-US, OPHT-US, SNY-US and NVS-US).
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has a fundamental score of 81 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Compared to peers, relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (15.48) than its peer median (4.71).
- The market expects REGN-US to grow faster than its peers and for the company to improve its current ROE.
- REGN-US has relatively low net profit margins while its asset efficiency is relatively high.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- Over the last five years, REGN-US‘s return on assets has improved from median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting the company has found relative operating advantages.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, REGN-US has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- REGN-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
REGN-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 0.74% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 6.75%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 43.21x, REGN-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- Of the 8 chosen peers for the company, only 6 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include ALNY-US and PSDV-US.
REGN-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- REGN-US‘s interest coverage is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of -9.64x in 2011.
- The increase in its interest coverage to 43.21x from 19.24x (in 2014) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 43.21x from 33.06x.
- Interest coverage rose 13.82 points relative to peers.
- REGN-US‘s debt-EV is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 8.67% in 2011.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 0.74% compared to 2014, its peer median has increased to 6.75% from 1.10% during this period.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 6.01 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc||0||15.45||No interest exp||999|
|pSivida Corp.||0||8.91||No interest exp||999|
|Johnson & Johnson||6.75||2.36||39.28||105.78|
|Ophthotech Corp.||8.44||20.29||No interest exp||-63.63|
|Sanofi Sponsored ADR||13.96||1.35||11.97||47.79|
|Novartis AG Sponsored ADR||8.64||0.84||12.65||58.67|
|Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||0.74||3.8||43.21||202.38|
|Best In Class||0.62||20.29||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.?
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical company. It discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma and atopic dermatitis. The company’s products include EYLEA (aflibercept) injection, which is used for the treatment of neovascular age related macular degeneration; ARCALYST (rilonacept), which is used for the treatment of Cryopyrin-Associated Periodic Syndrome, including Familial Cold Auto-inflammatory Syndrome and Muckle-Wells Syndrome; and ZALTRAP (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion. It has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia. The company was founded by Alferd G. Gilman, Leonard S. Schleifer and Eric M. Shooter on January 8, 1988 and is headquartered in Tarrytown, NY.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.