Rocky Brands, Inc. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 28.
Our analysis is based on comparing Rocky Brands, Inc. with the following peers – Skechers U.S.A., Inc. Class A, Wolverine World Wide, Inc., Steven Madden, Ltd., Columbia Sportswear Company, Caleres, Inc., Deckers Outdoor Corporation and McRae Industries, Inc. Class A (SKX-US, WWW-US, SHOO-US, COLM-US, CAL-US, DECK-US and MCRAA-US).
Rocky Brands, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 67.14%) as well as over the last month (at 29.45%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Rocky Brands, Inc.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 7.57% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.96) than its peer median (2.30).
- The market expects faster earnings growth from RCKY-US than from its peers and also a turnaround in its current ROE.
- RCKY-US has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- RCKY-US’s return on assets currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- The company’s relatively low gross and pre-tax margins suggest a non-differentiated product portfolio and not much control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While RCKY-US’s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- RCKY-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- Our analysis rates Rocky Brands, Inc. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
RCKY-US’s share price performance of 67.14% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 38.95%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 29.45% is also above the peer median of 7.57% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Rocky Brands, Inc.’s price of USD 17.80 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 25.38. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Rocky Brands, Inc. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 10.25 and USD 17.805.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Rocky Brands, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of footwear and apparel. It offers its products under the following brand names: Rocky, Georgia Boot, Durango, Lehigh, Creative Recreation, and Michelin. It operates through the following segments: Wholesale, Retail, and Military. The Wholesale segment distributes its products through retail stores. The Retail segment includes direct sales of its products to consumers through e-commerce websites and Rocky outlet store. The Military segment sells footwear under the Rocky brand to the U.S. military. The company was founded in 1932 and is headquartered in Nelsonville, OH.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.