Ryazan Energy Retail Co. relative valuation is OVERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 64.
Our analysis is based on comparing Ryazan Energy Retail Co. with the following peers – Stavropolenergosbyt OJSC, Komi Energy Retail Co. OJSC, Federal Grid Co. of Unified Energy System OJSC, Kostroma Power Sale Co. OJSC, Interregional Distribution Grid Co. of Urals, Tomsk Trunk Grid Company JSC Pref., Novosibirskenergo OAO, Interregional Distribution Grid Co. of The South JSC, Volgogradenergosbyt OAO and Kubanenergo OAO (STSB-RU, KESK-RU, FEES-RU, KTSB-RU, MRKU-RU, TOMSP-RU, NVNG-RU, MRKY-RU, VGSB-RU and KUBE-RU).
Ryazan Energy Retail Co. has shown underwhelming performance overall, both over the last one year as well as over the last month. Ryazan Energy Retail Co.’s price performance over the last month at -10% has been better than its performance over the past year at -39.97%. In fact Ryazan Energy Retail Co.’s price performance over the past year has been poorer than its peer group over the same period.
- Relative underperformance over the last year has improved more recently.
- Ryazan Energy Retail Co. currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (0.59) than its peer median (0.42).
- RZSB-RU‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- RZSB-RU has a successful operating model with relatively high net profit margins and asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- RZSB-RU‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- While RZSB-RU‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a PE ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- RZSB-RU currently does not have any debt.
- Our analysis rates Ryazan Energy Retail Co. as OVERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Relative underperformance over the last year has improved more recently.
RZSB-RU‘s share price performance of -39.97% over the last 12 months is below its peer median. However, its 30-day trend of -10% is now around the peer median suggesting that the company’s recent performance has improved relative to peers.
Ryazan Energy Retail Co.’s price of RUB 1.26 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of RUB 1.100. At this level, CapitalCube believes that Ryazan Energy Retail Co. is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between RUB 1.10 and RUB 2.10.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Ryazan Energy Retail Co. engages in the transmission and wholesale distribution of electrical energy. It purchases electricity on the wholesale and retail markets from energy generating companies and distributes it to the private consumers and legal entities. The company was founded on June 29, 2004 and is headquartered in Ryazan, Russia.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.