Capitalcube gives Saputo, Inc. a score of 84.
Our analysis is based on comparing Saputo, Inc. with the following peers – Maple Leaf Foods Inc., High Liner Foods Incorporated, Xylitol Canada Inc., George Weston Limited, North West Company Inc., Metro Inc. and Empire Co. Ltd. Class A (MFI-CA, HLF-CA, XYL-CA, WN-CA, NWC-CA, MRU-CA and EMP.A-CA).
Saputo, Inc. has a fundamental score of 84 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Saputo, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (3.77).
- SAP-CA‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- SAP-CA has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- SAP-CA‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While SAP-CA‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- SAP-CA has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Saputo, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
SAP-CA has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 8.79% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 19.44%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 26.19x, SAP-CA can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 7 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
SAP-CA has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- SAP-CA‘s interest coverage is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 11.53x in 2016.
- Though its interest coverage increased to 26.19x from 25.05x (in 2017), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 8.45x.
- Interest coverage rose 1.07 points relative to peers.
- SAP-CA‘s debt-EV is similar to last year’s low of 8.36%, which compares to the 2014 high of 16.17%.
- Compared to 2017, debt-EV has remained relatively stable for both the company (8.79%) and the peer median (19.44%).
Access the detailed analysis for Saputo, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Maple Leaf Foods Inc.||0.24||2.24||39.15||3752.31|
|High Liner Foods Incorporated||43.82||2.05||3.27||11.32|
|Xylitol Canada Inc.||58.53||1.02||-2.7||-56|
|George Weston Limited||39.59||1.5||4.65||22.86|
|North West Company Inc.||14.15||2.23||12.25||43.31|
|Empire Co. Ltd. Class A||24.74||0.87||2.26||29.48|
|Best In Class||0.24||2.24||39.15||3752.31|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Saputo, Inc.?
Saputo, Inc. engages in the manufacture, market, and trade of dairy products. It operates through the following market segments: Retail, Foodservice, and Industrial. It offers cheese, milk, cream, yogurt, butter, milk powder, and dairy ingredients. The company was founded by Emanuele Saputo Sr. in September 1954 and is headquartered in Saint-LÃ©onard, Canada.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.