Select Comfort Corp. relative valuation is OVERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 81.
Our analysis is based on comparing Select Comfort Corp. with the following peers – Tempur Sealy International Inc, LaZBoy Incorporated, Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, Hooker Furniture Corporation, Flexsteel Industries, Inc., Ethan Allen Interiors Inc., Nova Lifestyle, Inc., RH and Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc. (TPX-US, LZB-US, LEG-US, HOFT-US, FLXS-US, ETH-US, NVFY-US, RH-US and HVT-US).
Select Comfort Corp. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 68.16%) as well as over the last month (at 22.51%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Select Comfort Corp.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 9.57% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (11.06).
- SCSS-US outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- SCSS-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- SCSS-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high gross margin suggests some differentiation with pricing advantages versus peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, SCSS-US has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment is relatively low and suggests it is milking the business.
- SCSS-US currently does not have any debt.
- Our analysis rates Select Comfort Corp. as OVERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
SCSS-US‘s share price performance of 68.16% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 40.03%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 22.51% is also above the peer median of 9.57% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Select Comfort Corp.’s price of USD 35.60 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 28.55. At this level, CapitalCube believes that Select Comfort Corp. is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 17.95 and USD 36.74.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Select Comfort Corp. designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes beds, proprietary beds, and other sleep-related accessory products. It offers beds under the brand name Sleep Number. The company was founded by Robert Walker and JoAnn Walker in 1987 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.