Capitalcube gives Select Comfort Corp. a score of 63.
Our analysis is based on comparing Select Comfort Corp. with the following peers – Tempur Sealy International Inc, LaZBoy Incorporated, Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, Hooker Furniture Corporation, Ethan Allen Interiors Inc., Flexsteel Industries, Inc., Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc., Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc. and Nova Lifestyle, Inc. (TPX-US, LZB-US, LEG-US, HOFT-US, ETH-US, FLXS-US, HVT-US, RH-US and NVFY-US).
Select Comfort Corp. has a fundamental score of 63 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Select Comfort Corp.
- With respect to peers, relative outperformance over the last year is in contrast to the more recent underperformance.
- Select Comfort Corporation currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (6.55) than its peer median (2.06).
- The market expects SCSS-US to grow faster than its peers and for the company to improve its current ROE.
- SCSS-US has relatively low net profit margins while its asset efficiency is relatively high.
- Changes in annual revenues are in line with its chosen peers but lags in terms of earnings suggesting that the company is less cost conscious and may be spending for growth.
- Over the last five years, SCSS-US‘s return on assets has declined from above median to about median among its peers, indicating declining relative operating performance.
- Company appears to give away relatively high gross margins to relatively high operating costs suggesting a differentiated product portfolio with low pre-tax margins relative to peers.
- While SCSS-US‘s revenues growth has been around the peer median in recent years, the market seems to see faster growth ahead and gives its shares a higher than peer median P/E ratio.
- The company’s level of capital investment is relatively low and suggests it is milking the business.
- SCSS-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Select Comfort Corp.
Leverage & Liquidity
SCSS-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 1.59% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 14.27%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 60.65x, SCSS-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- Of the 9 chosen peers for the company, only 8 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include FLXS-US.
SCSS-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- SCSS-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 1,919.74x in 2014.
- The decrease in its interest coverage to 60.65x from 447.48x (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 34.86x from 36.29x.
- Interest coverage fell 385.39 points relative to peers.
- SCSS-US‘s debt-EV is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 0% in 2015.
- The increase in its debt-EV to 1.59% from 0% (in 2015) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 14.27% from 8.42%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 4.26 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Select Comfort Corp.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Tempur Sealy International Inc||35.07||1.27||3.84||16.07|
|Leggett & Platt, Incorporated||13.79||1.97||14.09||55.11|
|Hooker Furniture Corporation||18.11||3.58||51.93||42.74|
|Ethan Allen Interiors Inc.||4.62||2.01||55.12||126.38|
|Flexsteel Industries, Inc.||0||5.29||515.77||567.09|
|Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc.||14.75||2.13||17.79||94.44|
|Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc.||34.89||2.74||3.12||26.26|
|Nova Lifestyle, Inc.||52.64||3.41||1.52||38.5|
|Select Comfort Corporation||1.59||0.72||60.65||1258.24|
|Best In Class||0.05||5.29||515.77||14896.51|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Select Comfort Corp.?
Select Comfort Corp. designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes beds, proprietary beds, and other sleep-related accessory products. It offers beds under the brand name Sleep Number. The company was founded by Robert Walker and JoAnn Walker in 1987 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.