Capitalcube gives Sierra Wireless, Inc. a score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing Sierra Wireless, Inc. with the following peers – NETGEAR, Inc., CalAmp Corp., Interphase Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., LM Ericsson Telefon AB Sponsored ADR Class B, Rogers Communications Inc. Class B, Inseego Corp. and Digi International Inc. (NTGR-US, CAMP-US, INPHQ-US, CSCO-US, ERIC-US, RCI-US, INSG-US and DGII-US).
Sierra Wireless, Inc. has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Sierra Wireless, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It’s current Price/Book of 2.50 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects SWIR-US to grow faster than its peers and for the company to improve its current ROE.
- SWIR-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- SWIR-US‘s return on assets has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, SWIR-US has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- SWIR-US currently does not have any debt.
Access our research and ratings on Sierra Wireless, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
SWIR-US currently does not have any debt.
- We consider the company to have a Quick & Able profile as it currently does not have any debt. In comparison, the median level of debt as percent of enterprise value for its peer group is currently 9.79%.
- Of the 8 chosen peers for the company, only 5 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include NTGR-US, INPHQ-US and DGII-US.
Access the detailed analysis for Sierra Wireless, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|NETGEAR, Inc.||0||3.06||No interest exp||999|
|Cisco Systems, Inc.||29.54||3.67||16.53||37.14|
|LM Ericsson Telefon AB Sponsored ADR Class B||19.57||1.67||-0.4||-15.13|
|Rogers Communications Inc. Class B||36.21||0.52||3.63||23.69|
|Digi International Inc.||0||7.97||No interest exp||999|
|Sierra Wireless Inc.||0||1.82||No interest exp||999|
|Best In Class||19.57||7.97||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Sierra Wireless, Inc.?
Sierra Wireless, Inc. engages in the development of device-to-cloud products and services for the Internet of Things. It offers second generation, third generation, and fourth generation embedded wireless modules, and gateways. it operates through the following segments: Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Solutions, Enterprise Solutions, and Cloud and Connectivity Services. The OEM Solutions segment includes embedded cellular modules, software and tools for OEM customers who integrate cellular connectivity into their products and solutions across a broad range of industries, including automotive, transportation, energy, enterprise networking, sales and payment, mobile computing, security, industrial monitoring, field services, residential, healthcare and others. The Enterprise Solutions segment comprises of intelligent routers and gateways along with management tools and applications that enable cellular connectivity for mobile, industrial, and enterprise customers. The Cloud and Connectivity Services consists of cloud services, global cellular connectivity services, and broadband cellular services. The company was founded on May 31, 1993 and is headquartered in Richmond, Canada.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.