Sirtex Medical Limited relative valuation is now UNDERVALUED. It was previously rated NEUTRAL, and has a fundamental analysis score of 89.
Our analysis is based on comparing Sirtex Medical Limited with the following peers – Starpharma Holdings Limited, Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals Limited, Alchemia Limited and OncoSil Medical Ltd (SPL-AU, CUV-AU, ACL-AU and OSL-AU).
Sirtex Medical Limited’s price of AUD 20.02 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of AUD 32.88. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Sirtex Medical Limited is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between AUD 14.80 and AUD 39.95.
- Relative outperformance over the last year is in contrast to the more recent underperformance.
- Sirtex Medical Limited currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (9.47) than its peer median (3.06).
- SRX-AU‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- SRX-AU has a successful operating model with relatively high net profit margins and asset turns.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- SRX-AU‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- SRX-AU‘s revenue growth in recent years and current PE ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- SRX-AU currently does not have any debt.
Sirtex Medical Limited has a fundamental score of 89 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Sirtex Medical Limited is on the top left quadrant of the CapitalCube Value – Price Matrix. We classify this space a ‘Value Play’. Here, Sirtex Medical Limited is potentially undervalued, since it trades below its CapitalCube Implied Price of 32.88. At the same time, Sirtex Medical Limited is also fundamentally strong with a score of 89. This is a classic value stock definition.
Drivers of Valuation
The market seems to expect SRX-AU to maintain its relatively high returns.
SRX-AU‘s operating performance is higher than the median of its chosen peers (ROE of 28.41% compared to the peer median ROE of -40.01%) but the market does not seem to expect higher growth relative to peers (PE of 37.29 compared to peer median of 37.29) but simply to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
The company currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio of 9.47 compared to its peer median of 3.06.
SRX-AU has maintained its relatively high ROE profile from the prior year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Sirtex Medical Ltd. engages in research and development of treatment for liver cancer. Its principal activity is to manufacture and to distribute effective liver cancer treatments utilizing small particle technology to approved markets in Asia-Pacific, Europe and the United States of America. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in North Sydney, Australia.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.