Sonic Healthcare Limited relative valuation is now NEUTRAL. It was previously rated UNDERVALUED, and has a fundamental analysis score of 63.
Our analysis is based on comparing Sonic Healthcare Limited with the following peers – Primary Health Care Limited, Capitol Health Limited, Resonance Health Ltd, ALS Ltd., Cryosite Limited, Genetic Technologies Limited, IM Medical Ltd, Miraca Holdings Inc. and KPJ Healthcare Bhd. (PRY-AU, CAJ-AU, RHT-AU, ALQ-AU, CTE-AU, GTG-AU, IMI-AU, 4544-JP and 5878-MY).
Sonic Healthcare Limited is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of AUD 20.47 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of AUD 19.29 to AUD 20.99. Over the last 52 week period, Sonic Healthcare Limited has fluctuated between AUD 16.50 and AUD 20.93.
- Relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- Sonic Healthcare Limited’s current Price/Book of 2.56 is about median in its peer group.
- SHL-AU‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- SHL-AU‘s relative asset efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- Over the last five years, SHL-AU‘s return on assets has improved from median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting the company has found relative operating advantages.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- SHL-AU‘s revenue growth in recent years and current PE ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s capital investment program suggests it is under-investing in a business that is producing peer median returns.
- SHL-AU has additional debt capacity.
Sonic Healthcare Limited has a fundamental score of 63 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Sonic Healthcare Limited’s price is very close to its implied price, thus not allowing for a specific classification into the Value – Price Matrix.
Drivers of Valuation
The market seems to expect SHL-AU to maintain its relatively high returns.
SHL-AU‘s operating performance is higher than the median of its chosen peers (ROE of 12.13% compared to the peer median ROE of 9.83%) but the market does not seem to expect higher growth relative to peers (PE of 21.56 compared to peer median of 23.00) but simply to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
The company’s current Price/Book of 2.56 is about median in its peer group.
SHL-AU has moved to a relatively high ROE from a median ROE and PE profile at the prior year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Sonic Healthcare Ltd. engages in the provision of services in medical diagnostics and medical practices. It operates through the following segments: Pathology, Imaging and Other. The Pathology segment provides clinical laboratory services. The Imaging segment provides radiology and diagnostic imaging services. The Other segment includes the corporate office functions, medical centre operations and occupational health services, and other minor operations. The company was founded on September 25, 1934 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.