Capitalcube gives Star Gas Partners LP a score of 75.
Our analysis is based on comparing Star Gas Partners LP with the following peers – Suburban Propane Partners, L.P., AmeriGas Partners, L.P., Global Partners LP, Crestwood Equity Partners LP, UGI Corporation, Ferrellgas Partners, L.P., Delek US Holdings Inc and Sprague Resources LP (SPH-US, APU-US, GLP-US, CEQP-US, UGI-US, FGP-US, DK-US and SRLP-US).
Star Gas Partners LP has a fundamental score of 75 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Star Gas Partners LP
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It’s current Price/Book of 1.82 is about median in its peer group.
- SGU-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- SGU-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- SGU-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- SGU-US‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s level of capital investment is relatively low and suggests it is milking the business.
- SGU-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Star Gas Partners LP
Leverage & Liquidity
SGU-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 13.28% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 39.99%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 7.25x, SGU-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 8 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
SGU-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- SGU-US‘s interest coverage has declined 2.65 points from last year’s high but remains above its five-year average interest coverage of 6.21.
- Though its interest coverage decreased to 7.25x from 9.90x (in 2016), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 1.50x.
- Interest coverage fell 2.82 points relative to peers. It is also above the 2.50x coverage benchmark unlike the peer median.
- SGU-US‘s debt-EV is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 45.24% in 2012.
- While its debt-EV decreased to 13.28% from 18.95% (in 2016), its peer median increased during this period to 39.99% from 37.76%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 7.91 percentage points. Unlike the peer median, it is also below the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for Star Gas Partners LP
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Suburban Propane Partners, L.P.||45.63||0.84||1.5||13.61|
|AmeriGas Partners, L.P.||38.48||0.84||1.81||14.45|
|Global Partners LP||68.33||1.59||1.4||4.27|
|Crestwood Equity Partners LP||39.99||1.13||1.13||18.92|
|Ferrellgas Partners, L.P.||79.01||0.93||0.77||5.73|
|Delek US Holdings Inc||39.87||1.5||-0.79||7.02|
|Sprague Resources LP||47.4||2.08||1.85||15.66|
|Star Gas Partners, L.P.||13.28||1.06||7.25||82.63|
|Best In Class||13.28||2.08||7.25||82.63|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Star Gas Partners LP?
Star Gas Partners LP operates as a home heating oil and propane distributor and services provider to residential and commercial customers. It also engages in the provision of heating and air conditioning equipment, as well as diesel, fuel, and gasoline products. The company was founded on October 16, 1995 and is headquartered in Stamford, CT.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.