Swift Transportation Co. relative valuation is NEUTRAL and it has a fundamental analysis score of 53.
Our analysis is based on comparing Swift Transportation Co. with the following peers – USA Truck, Inc., Celadon Group, Inc., Heartland Express, Inc., P.A.M. Transportation Services, Inc., J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. Class A, Knight Transportation, Inc., Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc., Werner Enterprises, Inc. and Marten Transport, Ltd. (USAK-US, CGI-US, HTLD-US, PTSI-US, JBHT-US, CVTI-US, KNX-US, ULH-US, WERN-US and MRTN-US).
Swift Transportation Co. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 43.34%) as well as over the last month (at 18.46%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Swift Transportation Co.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was -2.74% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (3.07).
- We classify SWFT-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- SWFT-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- SWFT-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- The company’s relatively high gross margin suggests some differentiation with pricing advantages versus peers.
- SWFT-US‘s revenues have grown more slowly than the peer median over the last few years, which combined with the stock price’s relatively low P/E ratio suggests substandard growth expectations relative to peers.
- The company’s capital investment program suggests it is under-investing in a business that is producing peer median returns.
- SWFT-US has additional debt capacity.
- Our analysis rates Swift Transportation Co. as NEUTRAL relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
SWFT-US‘s share price performance of 43.34% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 1.68%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 18.46% is also above the peer median of -2.74% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Swift Transportation Co. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of USD 24.77 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of USD 23.25 to USD 28.38. Over the last 52 week period, Swift Transportation Co. has fluctuated between USD 14.31 and USD 27.18.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Swift Transportation Co. engages in the provision of transportation solutions. It operates through the following segments: Truckload, Dedicated, Central Refrigerated, and Intermodal. The Truckload segment consists of one-way movements over irregular routes throughout the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The Dedicated segment offers tailored solutions under long-term contracts. The Central Refrigerated segment consists of shipments for customers that require temperature-controlled trailers. The Intermodal segment includes revenues generated by moving freight over the rail in the company’s containers and other trailing equipment, and revenues for drayage to transport loads between the railheads and customer locations. The company was founded by Jerry C. Moyes in 1966 and is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.