Sypris Solutions, Inc. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 39.
Our analysis is based on comparing Sypris Solutions, Inc. with the following peers – Jabil Inc, Dana Incorporated, Stoneridge, Inc., Meritor, Inc., American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc., Linamar Corporation, Ducommun Incorporated, Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc., WABCO Holdings Inc. and Navistar International Corporation (JBL-US, DAN-US, SRI-US, MTOR-US, AXL-US, LNR-CA, DCO-US, ALSN-US, WBC-US and NAV-US).
Sypris Solutions, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year as well as over the last month. In fact, performance over the last year at 98.40% has been better than that over the last month at 0.38%.
- Compared to peers, relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (1.71) than its peer median (2.21).
- We classify SYPR-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- SYPR-US‘s relative asset efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- Over the last five years, SYPR-US‘s return on assets has improved from below median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting that the company has improved its relative operations markedly.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively high pre-tax margins suggest non-differentiated product portfolio but with tight cost control relative to peers.
- SYPR-US‘s revenues have grown more slowly than the peer median over the last few years, which combined with the stock price’s relatively low P/E ratio suggests substandard growth expectations relative to peers.
- SYPR-US‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
- Our analysis rates Sypris Solutions, Inc. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Compared to peers, relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
SYPR-US‘s change in share price of 98.40% for the last 12 months is better than its peer median. However, the 30-day trend in its share price performance of 0.38% is now around the peer median suggesting that the company’s recent performance has faded relative to peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Sypris Solutions, Inc.’s price of USD 1.69 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 2.33. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Sypris Solutions, Inc. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 0.83 and USD 1.84.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Sypris Solutions, Inc. engages in the provision of technology-based outsourced services and specialty products. It operates through Sypris Technologies and Sypris Electronics business segments. The Sypris Technologies segment involves in the selling of goods and manufacturing services for truck components and assemblies. The Sypris Electronics segment includes manufacturing services, technical services, and products to customers in the market for aerospace and defense electronics. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Louisville, KY.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.