Tantech Holdings Ltd. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 75.
Our analysis is based on comparing Tantech Holdings Ltd. with the following peers – NL Industries, Inc., Chemtura Corporation, FMC Corporation and PolyOne Corporation (NL-US, CHMT-US, FMC-US and POL-US).
Tantech Holdings Ltd. has shown underwhelming performance overall, both over the last one year as well as over the last month. While, in what appears to be a redeeming aspect, Tantech Holdings Ltd.’s price momentum over the last month, at -27.15% has been better than that over the last year, which was -90.20%, Tantech Holdings Ltd. has actually lagged its peer group.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- Tantech Holdings Ltd. trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.92) than its peer median (1.80).
- We classify TANH-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- TANH-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- TANH-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While TANH-US‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment suggests it might be under-investing in a business with above median returns.
- TANH-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- Our analysis rates Tantech Holdings Ltd. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
TANH-US‘s share price performance of -90.20% for the last 12 months is below its peer median. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of -27.15% is also below the peer median implying that the company’s stock performance is lagging its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Tantech Holdings Ltd.’s price of USD 2.63 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 4.54. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Tantech Holdings Ltd. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 2.08 and USD 28.26.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Tantech Holdings Ltd. develops and manufactures bamboo-based charcoal products for industrial energy applications and household cooking, heating, purification, sanitation and agricultural uses. The company operates its business through three segments: Consumer Products, Energy and Trading. The Consumer Products segment engages in the purification and deodorization products, cleaning products and wood-based OEM BBQ charcoal designed for domestic market. The Energy segment consists of EDLC carbon and self-produced BBQ charcoal for sale on the international market. The Trading segment engages in the export of charcoal products to foreign markets. The company was founded on November 9, 2010 and is headquartered in Lishui, China.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.