Trinity Biotech Plc relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 25.
Our analysis is based on comparing Trinity Biotech Plc with the following peers – OraSure Technologies, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. Class A, Chembio Diagnostics, Inc., Quidel Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Vermillion, Inc. (OSUR-US, BIO-US, CEMI-US, QDEL-US, ABT-US, DHR-US, TMO-US and VRML-US).
Trinity Biotech Plc has shown underwhelming performance over the last one year while growing strongly over the last month. Trinity Biotech Plc’s price momentum over the last month, at 10.24% has been better than that over the last year, which was -20.89%. Also from a peer group perspective, Trinity Biotech Plc has performed better, since the peer group performance was 5.19% over the last month.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (1.22) than its peer median (3.08).
- The market expects TRIB-US to grow more slowly than its peers and for its median ROE to decline.
- TRIB-US employs relatively high amounts of assets while generating relatively median profit margins.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- TRIB-US’s return on assets currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- While TRIB-US’s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- TRIB-US seems too levered to raise additional debt.
- Our analysis rates Trinity Biotech Plc as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
TRIB-US’s share price performance of -20.89% over the last 12 months is below its peer median but its 30-day trend in share price performance of 10.24% is better than the peer median. This recent rising stock price may herald a change in relative share price performance.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Trinity Biotech Plc’s price of USD 5.49 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 9.32. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Trinity Biotech Plc is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 4.22 and USD 7.27.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Trinity Biotech Plc develops, manufactures and markets diagnostic test kits for the clinical laboratory and Point-of-Care segments of the diagnostic market. Its products are used to detect infectious diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, blood disorders and autoimmune disorders, as well as monitoring and diagnosing diabetes and haemoglobin variants. The company was founded by Ronan O’Caoimh and Denis R. Burger in June 1992 and is headquartered in Bray, Ireland.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.