TrustCo Bank Corp. NY relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 75.
Our analysis is based on comparing TrustCo Bank Corp. NY with the following peers – Northeast Community Bancorp, Inc., Lake Shore Bancorp, Inc., Astoria Financial Corporation, Elmira Savings Bank, Carver Bancorp Inc., Greene County Bancorp, Inc., Inversiones Agricolas e Industriales SA SIEMEL, People’s United Financial, Inc., Northfield Bancorp, Inc. and New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NECB-US, LSBK-US, AF-US, ESBK-US, CARV-US, GCBC-US, SIEMEL-CL, PBCT-US, NFBK-US and NYCB-US).
TrustCo Bank Corp. NY has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 29.69%) as well as over the last month (at 18.74%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But TrustCo Bank Corp. NY’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 7.70% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- TrustCo Bank Corp NY currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (1.82) than its peer median (1.12).
- TRST-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- TRST-US has a successful operating model with relatively high net profit margins and capital turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- TRST-US‘s return on equity currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- While the company’s lending operations do not seem to benefit from any relative pricing advantage its margins suggest relatively low operating costs.
- While TRST-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s level of equity capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- Our analysis rates TrustCo Bank Corp. NY as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
TRST-US‘s share price performance of 29.69% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 2.47%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 18.74% is also above the peer median of 7.70% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
TrustCo Bank Corp. NY’s price of USD 8.300 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 9.07. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, TrustCo Bank Corp. NY is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 5.17 and USD 8.300.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
TrustCo Bank Corp. NY operates as a holding company for TrustCo Bank, which engages in the provision of banking and financial services to individuals, partnerships, and corporations. The company offers checking accounts, savings accounts, retirement accounts, time deposits, money market accounts, and credit cards. It also provides asset and wealth management services; estate planning and related advice; credit cards; trust and investment services; custodial services, and online banking services. The company was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Glenville, NY.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.