Capitalcube gives Tyson Foods, Inc. a score of 56.
Our analysis is based on comparing Tyson Foods, Inc. with the following peers – Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation, Sanderson Farms, Inc., Seaboard Corporation, Hormel Foods Corporation, BRF SA Sponsored ADR and Leucadia National Corporation (PPC-US, SAFM-US, SEB-US, HRL-US, BRFS-US and LUK-US).
Tyson Foods, Inc. has a fundamental score of 56 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Tyson Foods, Inc.
- From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
- Tyson Foods, Inc. Class A’s current Price/Book of 1.89 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects TSN-US to grow more slowly than its peers and for its median ROE to decline.
- TSN-US‘s relative asset efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- TSN-US‘s return on assets has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- While TSN-US‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company is likely overinvesting in a business with only median returns.
- TSN-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Tyson Foods, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
TSN-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 19.39% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 19.12%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 11.28x, TSN-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- Of the 6 chosen peers for the company, only 5 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include SAFM-US.
TSN-US has moved to a Quick & Able from an Some Capacity profile at the prior year-end.
- TSN-US‘s interest coverage is over one standard deviation above its four-year average interest coverage of 8.64x.
- While its interest coverage increased to 11.28x from 7.72x (in 2015), its peer median decreased during this period to 11.28x from 13.70x.
- Interest coverage rose 5.98 points relative to peers.
- TSN-US‘s debt-EV is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 37.72% in 2014.
- While its debt-EV decreased to 19.39% from 30.40% (in 2015), its peer median increased during this period to 19.12% from 2.40%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 27.73 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Tyson Foods, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation||16.08||1.62||14.36||60.63|
|Sanderson Farms, Inc.||0||4.14||146.47||6354.6|
|Hormel Foods Corporation||1.25||1.93||100.71||304.9|
|BRF SA Sponsored ADR||29.07||1.41||1.56||6.85|
|Leucadia National Corporation||271.67||0.87||3.01||2.42|
|Tyson Foods, Inc. Class A||19.39||1.77||11.28||40.8|
|Best In Class||1.25||4.14||146.47||6354.6|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Tyson Foods, Inc.?
Tyson Foods, Inc. engages in the production of processed food. It operates through the following segments: Chicken, Beef, Pork and Prepared Foods. The Chicken segment involves in domestic operations related to raising and processing live chickens into fresh, frozen, and value-added chicken products, as well as sales from allied products. The Beef segment includes operations related to processing live fed cattle and fabricating dressed beef carcasses into primal and sub-primal meat cuts and case-ready products. The Pork segment operates with live markets hogs and fabricating pork carcasses into primal and sub-primal cuts and case-ready products. The Prepared Foods segment manufactures and markets frozen and refrigerated food products and logistic operations to move products through the supply chain. The company was founded by John W. Tyson in 1935 and is headquartered in Springdale, AR.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.