United-Guardian, Inc. relative valuation is OVERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing United-Guardian, Inc. with the following peers – Johnson & Johnson, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Pfizer Inc., C. R. Bard, Inc., Senomyx, Inc., Stepan Company, Ashland Global Holdings, Inc., Teleflex Incorporated and Juniper Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (JNJ-US, IFF-US, PFE-US, BCR-US, SNMX-US, SCL-US, ASH-US, TFX-US and JNP-US).
United-Guardian, Inc. has shown excellent performance overall, both over the last one year as well as over the last month. In fact, United-Guardian, Inc.’s price momentum over the last month, at 24.61% has been better than that over the last year, which was 2.90%. Also from a peer group perspective, United-Guardian, Inc. has performed better, since the peer group performance was 2.87% over the last month.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (5.61).
- The market expects UG-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- UG-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- UG-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While UG-US‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- UG-US currently does not have any debt.
- Our analysis rates United-Guardian, Inc. as OVERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
UG-US‘s share price performance of 2.90% over the last 12 months is below its peer median but its 30-day trend in share price performance of 24.61% is better than the peer median. This recent rising stock price may herald a change in relative share price performance.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
United-Guardian, Inc.’s price of USD 17.75 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 11.69. At this level, CapitalCube believes that United-Guardian, Inc. is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 13.52 and USD 18.05.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
United-Guardian, Inc. manufactures and markets cosmetic ingredients, personal care products, pharmaceuticals, medical lubricants, health care products, and specialty industrial products. It also conducts research and product development, primarily related to the development of new and unique cosmetic and personal care products. The company focuses on the development of products that fill unmet market needs, have unique properties, and use proprietary technology that it sometimes protects with patents. United-Guardian was founded on September 14, 1987 and is headquartered in Hauppauge, NY.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.