Capitalcube gives Universal Robina Corp. a score of 81.
Our analysis is based on comparing Universal Robina Corp. with the following peers – Tiger Brands Limited Sponsored ADR, Inventure Foods, Inc. and NightFood Holdings, Inc. (TBLMY-US, SNAK-US and NGTF-US).
Universal Robina Corp. has a fundamental score of 81 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Universal Robina Corp.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It’s current Price/Book of 4.70 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects UVRBF-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- UVRBF-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- UVRBF-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- UVRBF-US‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company is likely overinvesting in a business with only median returns.
- UVRBF-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Universal Robina Corp.
Leverage & Liquidity
UVRBF-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 10.79% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 7.32%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 17.00x, UVRBF-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 3 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
UVRBF-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- UVRBF-US‘s interest coverage is upward trending but is still within one standard deviation below its five-year average interest coverage of 39.92x.
- Though its interest coverage increased to 17.00x from 16.26x (in 2016), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 8.41x.
- UVRBF-US‘s debt-EV is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 1.66% in 2013.
- Like the interest coverage trend, its debt-EV also increased (to 10.79% from 10.20%), while its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 7.32%.
Access the detailed analysis for Universal Robina Corp.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Tiger Brands Limited Sponsored ADR||3.86||1.74||22.55||166.25|
|Inventure Foods, Inc.||52.88||0.54||-0.17||-3.76|
|NightFood Holdings, Inc.||0.33||0.5||-54.16||-1160.46|
|Universal Robina Corp.||10.79||1.68||17||37.1|
|Best In Class||0.33||1.74||22.55||166.25|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Universal Robina Corp.?
Universal Robina Corp. is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of consumer food products. It operates through the following segments: Branded Consumer Foods, Agro-Industrial Products, Commodity Food Products, and Corporate Business. The Branded Consumer Foods segment manufactures and distributes salty snacks, chocolates, candies, biscuits, bakery products, beverages, instant noodles, pasta and tomato-based products. The Agro-Industrial Products segment produces and distributes an animal health products, animal feeds, glucose and soya bean products; and operates hog and poultry farm. The Commodity Food Products segment refines sugar and flour as well as manufactures pasta. Its products include savory snacks, biscuits, cakes, candies, chocolates, ready-to-drink tea and coffee; juices, bottled water, energy drinks, pure and blended coffee; creamer, instant coffee and chocolate mixes; pouch and cup noodles; canned beans, sauces and tomato paste. The Corporate Business segment engages in bonds and securities investment and fund sourcing activities. The company was founded by John L. Gokongwei Jr. on September 28, 1954 and is headquartered in Quezon City, Philippines.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.