VAALCO Energy, Inc. relative valuation is NEUTRAL and it has a fundamental analysis score of 63.
Our analysis is based on comparing VAALCO Energy, Inc. with the following peers – Hyperdynamics Corporation, Erin Energy Corporation, TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd., QEP Resources, Inc., Noble Energy, Inc., Chesapeake Energy Corporation, TransGlobe Energy Corporation, Marathon Oil Corporation and Zion Oil and Gas, Inc. (HDYN-US, ERN-US, TAT-US, QEP-US, NBL-US, CHK-US, TGL-CA, MRO-US and ZN-US).
VAALCO Energy, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 10.31%) as well as over the last month (at 6.95%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But VAALCO Energy, Inc.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 0.67% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (7.45).
- EGY-US’s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- EGY-US has a successful operating model with relatively high net profit margins and asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- Over the last five years, EGY-US’s return on assets has improved from below median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting that the company has improved its relative operations markedly.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While EGY-US’s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- EGY-US has additional debt capacity.
- Our analysis rates VAALCO Energy, Inc. as NEUTRAL relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
EGY-US’s share price performance of 10.31% over the last 12 months is above peer median of -12.69%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 6.95% is also above the peer median of 0.67% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
VAALCO Energy, Inc. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of USD 0.88 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of USD 0.85 to USD 1.14. Over the last 52 week period, VAALCO Energy, Inc. has fluctuated between USD 0.68 and USD 1.43.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
VAALCO Energy, Inc. engages in the provision of acquisition, exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas. The company was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Houston, TX.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.