VCA, Inc. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 50.
Our analysis is based on comparing VCA, Inc. with the following peers – IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., Patterson Companies, Inc., Henry Schein, Inc., Heska Corporation and Abaxis, Inc. (IDXX-US, PDCO-US, HSIC-US, HSKA-US and ABAX-US).
VCA, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 72.41%) as well as over the last month (at 40.37%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But VCA, Inc.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 4.31% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- VCA Inc.’s current Price/Book of 4.77 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects WOOF-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- WOOF-US employs relatively high amounts of assets while generating relatively median profit margins.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- WOOF-US‘s return on assets has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- The company’s relatively low gross margin and median pre-tax margin suggest operations may be constrained on pricing versus peers.
- WOOF-US‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s capital investment seems appropriate for a business with peer median returns.
- WOOF-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- Our analysis rates VCA, Inc. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
WOOF-US‘s share price performance of 72.41% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 39.50%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 40.37% is also above the peer median of 4.31% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
VCA, Inc.’s price of USD 90.79 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 106.18. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, VCA, Inc. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 44 and USD 91.03.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
VCA, Inc. engages in the provision of veterinary services and diagnostic testing to support veterinary care. It operates through the following segments: Animal Hospital and Laboratory. The Animal Hospital segment includes the operation of animal hospitals and provision of pharmaceutical and retail products for pet wellness programs, health examinations, diagnostic testing, routine vaccinations, spaying, neutering and dental care. The Laboratory segment involves testing and consulting services used by veterinarians in the detection, diagnosis, evaluation, monitoring, treatment, and prevention of diseases and other conditions affecting animals. VCA was founded by Robert L. Antin, Arthur J. Antin and Neil Tauber in 1986 and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.