Watsco, Inc. relative valuation is NEUTRAL and it has a fundamental analysis score of 53.
Our analysis is based on comparing Watsco, Inc. with the following peers – Hudson Technologies, Inc., Lennox International Inc., Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc., HD Supply Holdings, Inc., WESCO International, Inc., United Technologies Corporation, W.W. Grainger, Inc. and Pool Corporation (HDSN-US, LII-US, BECN-US, HDS-US, WCC-US, UTX-US, GWW-US and POOL-US).
Watsco, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 37.95%) as well as over the last month (at 25.77%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Watsco, Inc.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 9.55% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.81) than its peer median (3.12).
- We classify WSO.B-US as Challenged because of its below median returns and the market’s relatively low growth expectations.
- WSO.B-US’s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Changes in annual revenues are in line with its chosen peers but lags in terms of earnings suggesting that the company is less cost conscious and may be spending for growth.
- WSO.B-US’s return on assets currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- While WSO.B-US’s revenues growth in recent years has been around the peer median, the stock’s below peer median P/E ratio suggests that the market likely sees the company’s long-term growth prospects to be fading.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- WSO.B-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- Our analysis rates Watsco, Inc. as NEUTRAL relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
WSO.B-US’s share price performance of 37.95% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 19.78%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 25.77% is also above the peer median of 9.55% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Watsco, Inc. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of USD 194.43 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of USD 187.27 to USD 202.42. Over the last 52 week period, Watsco, Inc. has fluctuated between USD 128.86 and USD 229.77.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Watsco, Inc. engages in distribution of air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment and related parts. Its products include residential central air conditioners, gas, electric and oil furnaces, commercial air conditioning and heating equipment and systems, and other specialized equipment; parts, including replacement compressors, evaporator coils, motors and other component parts; and supplies, including thermostats, insulation material, refrigerants, ductwork, grills, registers, sheet metal, tools, copper tubing, concrete pads, tape, adhesives, and other ancillary supplies. The company was founded by William Wagner in 1956 and is headquartered in Miami, FL.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.